1. Hello Taylor! Can you tell me a little bit about your artworks that are hanging in Dapper this month?
Hello! For this collection of artworks I was really drawn to things of simplicity. I think for something to be incredibly strong yet simple is pretty wonderful, and this is what I hope to capture in my illustrations. I am still figuring out what direction I want to take my practice, and so a lot of the work in this collection is the result of experimenting with mediums I am not too familiar with, and playing around with new ideas. I used oil paints for the first time in a few of these artworks, and have also combined pencil, pen, watercolour and ink.
2. How did you get into art and where do you study now?
I have always been a creative person and art for me is my most natural outlet. I’m currently studying Architecture at UTS, which channels my creativity in a different form.
3. Are you from the Central Coast and what do you think about Long Jetty?
I grew up around the coast and still consider it home. I’m really loving what Long Jetty is about – it has a super chill vibe! People are really passionate about what they are creating and putting out into the world, and yet they are so humble. You guys are a force.
4. Where can we see your work in the future?
I will be part of a ten day pop-up exhibition coming up in September. It will be run by Art Pharmacy as part of Sydney Fringe Festival which will be rad!
5. Do you have a blog/ tumblr/ Instagram/ contact where people can find you?
I do! You can take a look at more of my work at taylorconacher.tumblr.com or follow me on Instagram, just look for taylorana.